Frequently Asked Questions

Questions and Answers


I want to work for the UN. Where can I send my resume?

To apply, please see the Get Involved page,  the individual websites of UN System entities, and the ICSC website.


Can I apply for an internship?

provides opportunities for students enrolled in a graduate programme to undertake an .


Can I receive financial assistance from the UN?

Financial aid is not available to individuals or private organizations through the UN.


How can I contribute to the work of the UN?

Find out how and where you can donate to the UN System and its Agencies.


I received an email from a UN organization and/or a UN official. Could this be a scam?

Some electronic messages may falsely state that they are issued by, or in association with, the United Nations. See Fraud Alert.


I would like to send a proposal via e-mail to the Secretary-General. What is his e-mail address?

Proposals can only be taken up by the United Nations when presented by an official representative of a Member State and after being duly inscribed on the agenda of the Organization and voted on by its members.


I have a project to advance the United Nations goals. Does the UN offer financial, logistical or legal assistance?

No. Being an Organization of sovereign states, its resources are allocated only to programmes which have been officially approved by its members.

However, there are several ways Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) can collaborate with the UN on its activities. Please visit the following sites:



I have a school assignment about the UN. Where can I find more information?

Please visit the following pages to find more information about the UN: , Our Work, News and Events, Get InvolvedUN CharterUN Emblem and FlagHistory of the United Nations, .


Does the UN offer scholarships? 

The UN does not offer scholarships or student exchange programmes. 

More Questions and Answers